History is a preferred optional for UPSC aspirants. As a subject, it widely overlaps with General Studies Paper I and UPSC Prelims as well.
Find below the entire schedule and syllabus to be covered along with a few tips and approaches you can adopt in your history optional preparation.
I) Why to choose History Optional ?
· It is a popular optional. In 2016, its success ratio was 7.7%, just after Philosophy.
· There are no thinkers in History optional as compared to other optional subjects.
· No continuous and current updating is required in History optional as it is with most of the other optional subjects.
· History optional has a very large synonymity with the General Studies syllabus, almost 80%.
[specially considering General Studies paper I- 250 marks-Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society]
II) History Optional at Kalhana Academy
· Batch Commencement Date – 1st July 2019 (Delhi)
– 8th July 2019 (Bhopal)
· Batch Timings – 11:00 A.M – 1:30 P.M (Delhi)
– 2:00 P.M – 4:30 P.M (Bhopal)
· Classes will be held – From Monday to Friday.
· Duration – 4.5 months (300 + hours)
III) Tests and Discussions
· There will be subjective test on every Sunday.
· Each Test will have 6 Questions of 100 marks.
· Duration of test – 90 min.
· There will be a 15 min discussion on last 5 years question papers, on the topics covered in the class, on every Friday.
· Saturday – will be a study break.
· Around 25 plus tests to be conducted.
· Along with the evaluated answer sheet, model answers will be provided.
IV) How Do We Proceed?
· We provide a comprehensive coverage of the syllabus -topics along with sub topics.
· We also provide notes (a) the thematic notes that are prepared theme wise (b) printed notes (topic wise).
V) A Unique Feature
· We provide a map pointing book, entitled ‘MAP ENTRIES FOR HISTORY OPTIONAL’ that comprises of 50 marks in Paper-I. The map pointing is a compulsory question to be attempted under section A and separate classes will be provided exclusively for it
It is a 300+ Hours Programme for UPSC Mains which includes regular tests (every Sunday) with model answers along with evaluated answer sheets, personal discussion and Classes on Map Pointing carried by Kalhana academy's Book for Maps-“MAP ENTRIES FOR HISTORY OPTIONAL” and followed by the discussion of UPSC Mains last five years’ papers on each Friday.
Note: WE PROVIDE THE ENTIRE SCHEDULE FOR G.S. FOUNDATION AND HISTORY OPTIONAL TO THE STUDENTS IN THE FIRST CLASS ITSELF AND CLASSES OF EACH MODULE ARE PRE SCHEDULED FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS (TOPIC-WISE), FOLLOWED BY TESTS FOR THE SAME. WE DO NOT SCHEDULE CLASSES ON DAILY BASIS AS WE UNDERSTAND THE REQUIREMENT OF UPSC EXAM- EFFECTIVE STUDY IN STIPULATED TIME MAKES YOU WIN!